Traditional Caesar Salad with Bagel Croutons
Summer is almost here!
ABE’S Bagel Crisps are a yummy and simple substitute for croutons for a Caesar salad.
- 1 packet of Abe’s Bagels – Roasted Garlic Bagel Crisps
- 2 eggs – hard boiled and halved
- 2 short cut bacon rashers
- 2 cos lettuce – heart removed and roughly chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets – halved lengthways and quartered
- 80g parmesan cheese – shaved
- ½ cup of Caesar salad dressing
- Black pepper, to season
- Cut short cut bacon rashers into 1cm cubes and cook until lightly golden in a non-stick pan.
- Arrange lettuce on a large serving plate, pour 1/3 cup of dressing over lettuce and turn to coat. Top with Abe’s Bagels – Roasted Garlic Bagel Crisps, anchovies, bacon and egg. Drizzle with remaining dressing and top with shaved parmesan.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.