Spicy Green Pea Hummus Bagel
- 2 ABE’S Bagels – Multigrain
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped (leave a little for garnish)
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped (leave a little for garnish)
- 1 spring onion, sliced (leave a little for garnish)
- 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped (seeds and stem removed)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp water (optional)
Blanch the peas in a small pan of boiling water for a few seconds, then drain.
In a food processor or blender blitz tahini and lemon juice for about one minute (use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the jug if needed).
Now add the olive oil, parsley, coriander, jalapeños, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Process for another minute, scraping down the bowl as necessary.
Add the peas and chickpeas and whizz for 1-2 minutes until the hummus has a thick and smooth texture (if too thick add a little water).
Scrape hummus into a bowl serving bowl and drizzle with extra olive oil, parsley, coriander and spring onions.
Toast the multigrain bagel and spread a good amount of hummus on top with a squeeze of lemon.
Tip: Store hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to one week.
As seen on Good Chef Bad Chef.