Roasted Strawberry and Rhubarb Bagel
The perfect bagel to glam up your breakfast.
- 1 packet of ABE'S Bagels - Cinnamon & Raisin
- 250g strawberries, cut in half lengthways and stalks discarded
- 200g rhubarb, cut into 3cm length pieces
- 2 tablespoons, caster sugar
- 200g Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons, rose water
- zest of one orange
Preheat your oven to 180ºC & line a baking tray with baking paper
In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, rhubarb, caster sugar, & rose water. Set aside for 15 minutes
Pour the strawberry & rhubarb mix onto the lined baking tray & bake for 20 minutes or until fruit has softened
In a medium-sized bowl, beat the PHILLY cream cheese & orange until well combined & smooth
Toast bagels until golden brown. Smear with orange PHILLY cream cheese & top with roasted fruit & any syrup left over in the pan.
*Roasted fruit can be made a day in advance, just bring to room temperature before serving.Serves 4 This recipe was created by Olivia Galletly - The Hungry Cook, in collaboration with ABE’S Bagel Bakery.